And now, the news:
- A new Bill would give the Alaska Permanent Fund another $2 billion to invest.
- Seeding hedge fund managers seems to be increasingly popular. See this and this.
- Infrastructure fundraising has been weak. Managers say it’s due to investor caution, but I wonder if it’s also a function of in-sourcing.
- A Malaysian toll road company is planning the world’s biggest offering of Islamic bonds: $9.7 billion.
- Korea’s NPS has received approval from China for a Qualified Foreign Institutional Investor license.
- OTPP’s Jim Leech was listed as one of the ‘top ten power-brokers to watch‘ at Davos this year.
- Vietnam apparently has $10.8 billion worth of invested assets spread around the world.
- Sweden’s AP buffer fund review is apparently getting ready to kick off.